Epilating - An update

Hey everyone,
A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my experience and tips with epilating. If you wish to pop over to that introduction post and have a quick read as this is an update of my thoughts and the results.



Update - My results


I had soft, silky, smooth legs for 2 weeks after that. I actually couldn't believe how soft they were. I was going out on the 10th of March (exactly 2 weeks later) & at this stage there was a little regrowth. I could of got away with it as it wasn't that much but I wanted them soft again. I was in a rush so I shaved (didn't have time to wait for the redness from epilating to calm down). My shaved, smooth-ish legs lasted about 2 days before regrowth. I've since epilated again so I'm back to silky smooth legs and this time I will not be picking up my razor. The pain is so definitely worth it and gets less and less every time.

Why I'm choosing Epilating over Shaving?




A very short explanation; When you shave, you cut the hair off at the skins surface (B). This grows out at that thickness. This is why the myth "If you shave, your hair grows back thicker" exists. If you epilate and pull the hair out from the root (C) the hair has to regrow, giving me more time between epilating. Eventually the hair is supposed to stop growing, I don't know if this is true but I have noticed some bald patches on my legs already where no hair is growing back. You'll notice the same effect if you've plucked/waxed you're eyebrows for years.

Have you tried this? What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment