Christmas Countdown | For the Family

First up in my Christmas gift guide is going to be family members, who are usually pretty difficult to buy for for some reason. Today I will cover children, parents, in-laws and pregnant mamas. I have loads of gift guides coming up covering as many options as I can so if you have a request, leave it below. Have you started buying for Christmas yet?

Children

Christmas gift guide children kids
I think children are the easiest to buy for, so there is really just so much choice! One quick walk around Smyths and your set really. Favourite presents of mine (or presents for my brother and I to share) were a dollhouse and creative things where I'd have to make something like these cupcakes, making cards set or this drawing desk. One year, my brother and I got a a 8 in 1 games table to share. That was amazing! It was put in the back room for the colder months and then the garage or outside during the summer. I think my brother would of loved a drum kit, guitar or something like that. Of course, the Gameboy was huge when I was growing up and the Nintendo 3DS seems equally popular nowadays. You can also get tablets for children now like this MEEP one with apps, games, ebooks and music on it. They really think of everything don't they? I think a good way to figure out what to buy boys for Christmas is to look back at the year, what games or movies came out? What did they like? Theres loads to choose from like Transformer toys, Spiderman and Batman toys, Toy Story Puzzles, Harry Potter console games, etc. Read last years gift guide post here.

Parents & In Laws
Christmas gift guide parents in law mother father children buy gifts presents
A good place to start when thinking of what to buy parents is to think about what they do on a day to day basis and find something to make it easier or better in some way. It may sound boring, but I think practical gifts are exactly what most parents want. What job do they have, could you get them something that will help with it? I noticed the other day that my mam keeps a notebook beside her bed now that she's been using as a planner so a Filofax could be a great gift. What are their interests and hobbies? What sports, tv shows and music do they like? Elizabeth Ardens 8 Hour Cream sets are brilliant for any woman of any age, you can never really go wrong with perfume or beauty products either. Travel kit brushes are also a great gift, I'd recommend Sigma and Real Techniques collections! Next do lovely mens shirts & jumpers so you could have a look there.  If you don't see the person until after Christmas, you could even pop up to the Next sale on Stephens/Boxing day. Read last years gift guide post here.

Moms to be
gift guide christmas holiday presents family mothers fathers siblings children
A great idea for pregnant ladies is to do up a gift basket with stuff she can use now and things that she can use after giving birth. I would absolutely love gift cards if I was pregnant, most of your money will be going on baby things so it would be nice to have something to treat yourself with. Read last years post here.


27 Sleeps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment