The Dream Behind the Nutcracker Suite
















 




Skirt: Kate Spade.  Shirt: Milly.  Blazer: Vintage.  Shoes: Ferragamo. Tights: J. Crew. Bag: Kate Spade (Similar). Bracelets: Kiel James Patrick. Tory Burch http://rstyle.me/n/einmisje--.
Belt: Raina c/o  Tuckernuck


There is always a hint of magic in the air whenever it snows. This week New England had its' first snow fall. It was fitting for my trip to Boston on Thursday where I received a sneak peek of the Boston Ballet's new costumes for Mikko Nissinens' production of The Nutcracker. I was very excited to get an invite as The Nutcracker is one of my favorite shows to attend around the holidays.

Boston Ballet last introduced new costumes for The Nutcracker seventeen years ago. The latest designs are the vision of award-winning Robert Perdziola. Not only did I get to see the new costumes up close, but I also received a tour of the costume shop where talented craftsmen were at work setting thousands of Swarvoski crystals to Tutu's, and stitching together the accoutrements of Clara's fantasy. It was an amazing experience made complete by the privilege of sitting in on a rehearsal of the second act of the play. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to begin the holiday season.

The Boston Ballet's Nutcracker will run from November 23 - December 30th. Tickets start at $35 and can be purchased at www.bostonballet.org.

0 comments:

Post a Comment